Have you been struggling with acid reflux, but nothing seems to treat it? Consider treating your acid reflux naturally, with food! All4NaturalHealth.com makes several recommendations for using food to treat acid reflux disease.
Typically, people treat acid reflux by taking antacid tablets. Antacids can be a problem as they keep your body from absorbing nutrients effectively and cause digestive issues. However, by using food, you are using a more natural remedy. There are plenty of options available for you to use.
When struggling with acid reflux keep these foods in mind:
- Vegetables, fruits, and whole grains that contain lots of fiber. They keep you regular and maintain gut flora too.
- Fresh papaya, figs, and apples all help with reducing stomach acid.
- Yogurt has bacteria that aid in maintaining your gut flora and controlling acid.
- Drink more water! Water dilutes acids in your stomach. Just make sure not to drink a lot right before a meal, as you need stomach acid for digestion.
- Consume a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar while eating. It helps with acid reflux prevention.
- Other options include raw potato juice three times a day, fresh celery juice, fresh cabbage juice.
- Use the fruit from the aloe vera plant for healing the intestines. You can either cut up the fruit or drink aloe vera fruit juice. It’s also available in supplement form too.
- Ginger is another herb/food that you can use for stomach acid. Incorporate it into your meals or suck on small strips of ginger root.
If you are still having problems acid reflux consider switching to a diet that is bland, eliminating hot and spicy foods that could be making your acid reflux worse. You can also make sure to chew your food thoroughly before swallowing and try to eat when not feeling stressed.
Want to learn more about how using food to treat acid reflux? Read the full article here: Foods for Acid Reflux Relief and Recovery.