Integrative Oncology Consultations
Dr. Robert Zieve, M.D., Director of Partners in Integrative Cancer Therapies in Prescott, AZ, is now offering his knowledge and experience at Holistica three days every month to anyone with a cancer diagnosis.
Dr. Zieve is the author of Healthy Medicine: A Guide to the Emergence of Sensible Comprehensive Care and Beyond the Medical Meltdown. His work was also featured in the 2011 book Defeat Cancer. Dr. Zieve was the medical director of the Healthy Medicine Academy, which conducted annual well- attended national integrative cancer conferences from 2011-2014. He was also medical co-editor of Cancer Strategies Journal, from 2011-14.
Dr. Zieve has studied, and continues to study with, some of the best and most experienced integrative oncologists and physicians nationally. He is an ongoing participant in the Mederi Foundation Monthly Phone Roundtable of national cancer practitioners. You will benefit immeasurably from Dr. Zieve’s collaboration with highly skilled cancer practitioners, who participate in these monthly meetings to discuss patients with cancer. There may be times in which he may, on your behalf, discuss your case with his esteemed national colleagues.
Dr. Zieve’s mentors include:
- Dr. Dwight Mckee, M.D., Board Certified Integrative Oncologist and Hematologist, and Board Certified in Holistic Medicine and Nutrition, who is teaching and is no longer in active practice
- Donnie Yance, nationally recognized cancer herbalist and nutritionist, and President of the Mederi Foundation.
- Kenneth Proefrock, N.D., Board Certified Naturopathic Oncologist, Phoenix, Az
- Jon Murphy, M.D. , formerly of An Oasis of Healing in Mesa, Az
- Barry Boyd, M.D., Board Certified Integrative Oncologist and Hematologist, Yale University, New Haven, Conn.
We are excited to bring Dr. Zieve’s expertise and experience to Holistica, since we have found many patients want alternative and complimentary recommendations for treating cancer but do not know where to turn. An initial visit with Dr. Zieve includes a comprehensive consultation as well as a detailed written consultation and program provided to you after your visit. This will include nutritional guidance, advice on integrative cancer therapies, recommendations on tests you may need, and guidance on how to interact with your oncologist or surgeon. If you have a naturopathic physician or holistic MD or DO in your area, Dr. Zieve is happy to work with your physician in guiding care.
Dr. Zieve will provide you with a list of oral therapies that he has put some of his patients with your particular type of cancer on, as well as therapies that address imbalances that could interfere with the progress of your oncology therapies. He will also make testing recommendations that your Medicare physician or oncologist can do on your original biopsy slides to learn more about your particular cancer- where its weaknesses and strengths are and how these can be successfully addressed.
Many oncologists, unfortunately, are not receptive to integrative oncology practices. However, Dr. Zieve can compose an email to your oncologist with particular suggestions to support your program
If you are interested in obtaining such a consultation with Dr. Zieve, please contact our offices at 303-449-3777 for guidance on how to do this.
What to Expect When You Consult with Dr. Zieve:
Because Dr. Zieve is very thorough in his evaluation and development of treatment protocols, he requests that each new patient make every attempt to provide any scans, lab tests, pathology reports, surgical reports, and physician consultations that are pertinent to your cancer, at least 3 days prior to your initial consultation. This will give him an opportunity to review your records prior to speaking.
- Your initial consultation will last approximately 1.5 hours and is $525.
- At the end of your initial consultation, Dr. Zieve will likely provide a patient with a form for additional lab requests that are required to evaluate a patient’s biological terrain.
- In the days after your initial consultation, Dr. Zieve will send you a comprehensive initial consultation report, which will include his thoughts, comments, and suggestions. He will also provide you with an initial therapy protocol.
- Schedule your first followup consultation one month after your initial consultation. The purpose of this visit is to review any lab results, help you plan and strategize your future care, whether that be at our clinic or with your oncologist or surgeon, and answer any questions you have after reading his consultation report.