Health expert, Suzy Cohen shares how to get rid of a cold:
1. Oil of oregano is a superb anti-germ substance. In addition to garlic, the essential oil of oregano, sold in health food stores, tastes terrible but will do the trick. Add lemon and honey to tea with a few drops of the oil. It is a very effective antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal herb.
2. Probiotics are a daily necessity for strong immunity. Double up when symptoms show up. High-quality probiotics help up the amount of healthy disease-fighting bacteria. Ms. Cohen recommends Dr. Ohhira’s.
3. FluNada – Try this natural, over-the-counter throat/nasal spray. FluNada is a blend of wintergreen, eucalyptus, and elderberry essential oils, sold online and at Walgreens. Independently tested, the spray is 99.9% effective against a variety of cold and flu strains. FluNada provides relief from runny or blocked nose, sore throat, cough, and achiness.
4. Green teas. Consider them Chinese medicinal herbs in a cup.
5. Vitamin D helps modulate the immune system. It is vital to methylation, health, and auto-immune response. Vitamin D is easily purchased at health food stores.
6. Diffuse essential oils. Simply diffuse essential oil of eucalyptus with a room aromatizer. That’s it! If the scent is overpowering, add some lavender or try Thieves, a combination of clove, lemon, cinnamon, and other essential oils.
7. Hot lemon water moves the lymph in your body, which helps filter out toxins. Heated water with a squeezed lemon wedge and sipped periodically throughout the day is enough to energize and hydrate you. Hot lemon water comforts your body and stimulates your lymph for effective toxin removal.
Suzy’s Cold “Don’ts”
1. Zinc may not be the right remedy choice. If it’s the flu, not a cold, zinc just fuels symptoms.
2. Reconsider peppermint tea. It is a good choice for inducing sweating to break a fever, but may exacerbate reflux disease. Try catnip instead.
3. Avoid milk or dairy. They will just increase mucus.
4. Stay away from soda and diet soda. Your body definitely doesn’t need it.
Read the full article here: 7 Ridiculously Simple Ways to Protect Yourself from Cold & Flu - And 4 No-No’s