Believe it or not, detoxing is great. Most of what your heard has probably been unpleasant: Unpleasant food, unpleasant drinks, and unpleasant trips to the bathroom.
There is a better way.
In a matter of days, cravings and overeating can all be subdued. Imagine: Headaches, fatigue, asthma, or worse can be a thing of the past.
Maybe you’re not convinced. Why should you commit to ridding yourself of dietary junk to pump your system with “the good stuff”?
Why you should detox.
1. In the words of well-known physician, Dr. Mark Hyman, you have FLC Syndrome: Feel Like Crap Syndrome. If you’re less than your best, a detox can usher in healing in a fast and measurable way.
2. Those extra pounds won’t leave you alone. You’ve been deceived into thinking that weight-loss is about calories counting and exercise. Insulin spikes, inflammation, and belly fat are the real barrier to long-term weight loss.
3. You’re an addict. Sugar and flour are your poison. Scientists have proven that sugar and flour are administered in such heavy dietary doses that willpower is not enough to keep you from the junk.
4. You’ve never detoxed before. Our current state of “normal” healthy can be greatly elevated to optimal health. Most of us don’t even know what that feels like.
5. You need to press reset. A detox removes toxins and restores healthy habits.
How you should detox.
1. Go cold turkey. Surrender all sugar, flour, artificial sweeteners, grains, caffeine, and alcohol. Give up anything containing trans or hydrogenated fats and MSG as well. Eat only whole, fresh foods. It seems overwhelming, but if you follow the remaining steps you will effectively reset your body.
2. Cure cravings with protein. Eat foods like nuts, eggs, fish, or grass-fed meat at every meal.
3. Fill up on carbs. The right carbs, non-starchy veggies like greens, the broccoli family, mushrooms, tomatoes, or peppers amplify detox results.
4. Fight fat. Healthy fats fight sugar. Eat foods like seeds, extra virgin olive oil, fish, and avocado.
5. Get support. Do the detox together to ensure success.