Suzy Cohen, RPh writes on her blog how allergies are becoming more common. She notes, too, that antihistamines are a short-term solution for finding relief. She also reveals that there are several natural solutions for allegories and discusses their effectiveness.
Cohen notes there are several reasons why people develop allergies. These may include:
- Pet dander.
- Dairy intolerance
- Gluten intolerance
However, one source for allergies that may go unrecognized is pollution. In fact, there has been a marked increase in allergies in the last fifty years.
Many people take an antihistamine to relieve the symptoms. However, Cohen says that some antihistamines can be harmful to your brain, making you feel groggy. Antihistamines can also rob the body of important necessary nutrients..
Natural Allergy Remedies
Cohen lists ten natural solutions for allergy relief. These include:
- Salt: Drinking a cup of water with a ¼ teaspoon of salt in it can help with allergies. Or, put a little bit on the tip of your tongue to absorb into your system. Use mineralized salts like Celtic salt, not table salt.
- Essential Oil of Eucalyptus: Breathe in this oil, which also has antibacterial properties.
- Bromelain: Found in pineapples, can be bought as a supplement. Good for preventing mucus production.
- SAMe: Works well for healing skin rashes.
- Propolis: Blocks the release of histamine and reduces inflammation. Also supports the immune system.
- Vitamin C: Found in citrus fruits, supports the immune system, and prevents histamine.
- Chlorella: A freshwater algae that contains peptides, amino acids, nucleic acids, as well as vitamins and minerals. Boosts the immune system.
- Sting Nettle: A natural antihistamine that contains vitamin K, carotene, and quercetin.
- Eye Cups: When used with saline eyecups can help with treating red and irritated eyes.
- Neti Pots: Used when you have the flu but also works for allergies by flushing the sinuses.
Want to learn more about natural remedies for allergies. Read the full article here: “10 Natural Solutions for Allergies and Sinusitis