Trying to find new ways to stay healthy? Rodale Wellness has over seventy tips for unlocking new healthy-living tricks. These include everything from diet, fitness, and living well.
- Unsalted Pistachios: Eating 2-3 ounces daily can help raise HDL cholesterol (the good kind) by 6%.
- Cinnamon: Adding cinnamon to coffee grinds before pressing adds antioxidants.
- Organic Ketchup: The darker the ketchup, the richer it is in lycopene, which can help with fighting cancer.
- Eat Vegetables: Men who eat more fruits and vegetables have less chance of getting cancer in the digestive tract.
- Eat a Banana: Bananas have potassium, which can help lower blood pressure.
- Vinegar: Vinegar has acetic acid that blocks the enzymes that break down carbohydrates, keeping down blood sugar.
- Listen to Reggae: Reggae music typically plays at 60 beats per minute, which is also a typical heartbeat.
- Water Your Brain: Drink at least eight, eight-ounce glasses of water a day for optimal brain performance.
- Caffeine for Headaches: If you have a headache drink coffee or caffeinated tea after taking ibuprofen.
- Canker Sores: Press a wet tea bag next to a canker sore as a natural remedy.
- Flaxseed: Blend flaxseed, which contains omega-3, into a smoothie and apply to skin.
- Milk and Cigarettes: Believe it or not, drinking milk actually makes cigarettes taste bad, reducing the urge to smoke.
- Pie for Migraines: Research shows that a slice of apple pie, an organic Granny Smith apple, even just the scent of green apple, eases the pain of migraine headaches.
- Schedule Your Workouts: Making sure to plan 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week can help you not skip a workout.
- Jump Rope: When doing resistance-training, use a jump rope for one minute between sets to burn more calories.
- Cat-Cow Yoga: When you get up in the morning do a stretch called the cat-cow yoga pose to improve your posture.
- Lubricate the Knees: Do the quad pump, a quick exercise that can help bathe you knees in nutrient-rich fluid.
Want to know more helpful everyday tips for healthy living?
Read the full article here: 71 Ways to Be Healthier in a Minute or Less.