Are you feeling stressed-out with low energy? It may be that there is a problem with your adrenal glands. That’s why Dr. Mark Hyman, M.D. has suggestions for how to fix this problem and get the help you need.
Our adrenal glands are important because they help us control stress. When they don’t function properly we experience:
- Sleep problems.
- A craving for salty foods.
- Craving sugar.
These problems arise because the stress in our lives has gotten to a point where the adrenal glands can’t compensate enough. This shouldn’t be surprising given that our modern world is full of sources of stress. Therefore, in order to feel better, we need to make changes to our everyday lives that can help users cope with stress.
Dr. Hyman has several recommendations for those interested in lowering their stress levels. These include:
- Dr. Hyman is an advocate of eating a diet rich in whole foods. Eat wild fish for omega-3 fats, dark-colored berries for polyphenols, and dark-green veggies.
- Take a hot bath using extras such as lavender oil to relax. You can also try yoga.
- Get a massage.
- Participate in light exercises such as walking or a casual jog/bike ride. Get outside and enjoy the sunlight and fresh air!
- Stick to a regular schedule. Get up and go to bed at the same time daily. Eat meals at the same time each day. Take a nap if you need reset your “natural rhythms.”
- Try supplements such as Siberian ginseng, Rhodiola, Cordyceps, vitamin C, ashwagandha, magnolia, and theanine.
By taking charge of regulating daily stressors we can help our bodies heal and bring our adrenals back to working properly.
Want to learn more about how to fix adrenal problems? You can read the full article here: “Are You Suffering From Adrenal Dysfunction?”